“I truly hope for my PSAs to produce a feeling of comfort and relief in the lives of my peers. For those students who feel lost and alone, I hope to speak to them specifically in ways where they won’t only listen, but alter their perspective or mindset.”
Chandler K. – 12th grade
“I made both of my PSAs with the intention of helping other teens learn about the issues going on in this world today. I am hoping that those people who see it and those who have thought about doing drugs or committing suicide, will think twice and realize the impact it will have on them and their family“.
Daisy G. – 11th grade
Make a Difference
Do personal, social or global issues concern you? Have you ever wondered how you can contribute to making a difference in the world? If so, Student PSA is a new and innovative video platform for you to bring attention to the issues you feel most strongly about.
Empower yourself to present a perspective, make a statement, and share a solution to a topic that is important to you. Unlock your creative potential and abilities to persuade others and make an impact where one needs to be made!
PSAs are 30 -60 second video productions similar to commercials. They are a type of advertisement intended to benefit the public interest by raising awareness of an issue, affecting public attitudes, and potentially stimulating action. PSAs are meant to inform, create awareness, or enlist support for issues such as addiction, bullying, depression, gangs, racism sexual abuse, self esteem and suicide.
Students as Teachers
Student PSA believes that there are countless other issues that you may know about that need more attention. We understand that sometimes the best teachers for young people are the students themselves. This is why we urge you to share your unique perspective, participate wholeheartedly, and help make a difference in the world.
Making a PSA benefits you because…
- It challenges you to learn, engage, and contribute to an issue you feel strongly about
- It allows you to present your unique ideas for addressing personal and global issues
- It empowers you to make an impact on others
- It gives you the opportunity to share your insight, talents, and skills
- It helps you grow, build confidence, and inspire others in the process
- It gives you valuable experience, helps build your resume & extra school credit where possible
Getting Started in 8 Easy Steps
- View PSAs and learn How to make a PSA
- Become interested about an issue
- Research the issue to gain greater knowledge
- Draft an idea about images, facts, statistics, etc. that you may want to include
- Sketch out a sequence
- Create your PSA using editing software with your original images
- Select music from our library of Found and Invented Sounds. Note: a password is required to access this page and will be provided by calling Student PSA at (310) 273-1319.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and for submissions